Tuesday, November 11, 2008

January feels like an open window onto white

I'm having some artist angst. That's a short cut way of saying I am feeling restless in my work, and the way I'm expressing my creativity and my spirit. Something important is missing. This feeling of wanting to move in a new direction is cycling through more and more often. I take this as a positive sign that come January, my creations will have space to take new form. I'm drawing and drawing and filling my sketchbooks with weird new work.

I know one specific: I'm tired of making little things. I am dreaming B-I-G, and it's scary.

2 comments:

Tonia said...

how exciting! how big?

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

I don't know! That's the thing. I don't KNOW what I'm going to be doing. I am just following those heart whispers.......

xo