Friday, July 16, 2010

Favorite July Blooms

Summer schedule: 7am hop out of bed, smoothie for me and the kids, start outdoor watering, make coffee, get in the studio as fast as possible! I love my early mornings in the studio, door open, cool July air, surrounded by flowers and garden, pets and kids.



I've recently realized how important it is to spend the first few hours of the day in the art studio, when it's cool, and I'm fresh. Why didn't I learn this before? Afternoon hours are for office time, shipping, playing with the kids, going to the pool, running errands, and if I'm a lucky girl, also sipping iced latte and reading or drawing all together.


Over the last two years, I've developed a deep love for flowers. I am a little in awe and in love with them. It's a joy to water each morning and see what has bloomed.



Volunteer squash blooming prettily. What will it be? Wanna take bets?

I left some flowers in the garden over last winter, and this is what turned out. So pretty and bright, it's worth devoting a little room to them.




The OMG Clematis outside my art studio window. Wow!!!!

Ms. Grace enjoying her princess hut on the patio.

Project of the day: find a flower you are attracted to. Sit with it. Take a series of photos or sketch or water color your bloom.

No comments: