Friday, April 4, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Today, for my birthday, Im donating 10" of my red hair to Locks of Love. It's a group that makes wigs for children whose medical issues caused them to loose their own hair. I thought some dear red head out there might really appreciate it. I'm so excited! These are self portraits of me in front of Bliss Monkey Studio.




No one knew I was getting a hair cut, let alone going for something so much shorter. Surprise! I just love it. My hair was so HEAVY!! I'm looking forward to light spring and summer doo. It's fun to pin back, wear down, tuck back, and put into pony tails (x2). Yey for short hair!!!

I want you to know: if you would like to donate your hair to Locks of Love, it's a good idea to first look at their website to see the guidelines. You must cut off a minimum 10" of healthy hair, which is why I went so short! Yeee haw!

8 comments:

Infinite Cosmos said...

your new 'do looks great! And how sweet of you to donate your hair. I wish i had done that when i got my hair cut :-( Next time. My hair grows so fast, i'm sure i'll need another cut again soon!

TotusMel said...

Happy Birthday! What a great thing to do!

LazyTcrochet said...

Happy Birthday! I love your new do. My birthday is Sunday, but I don't think I can go short!

Tia Colleen said...

wowzers!! good for you! and happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT ALY! We both have new hairdos... You are beautiful!!!!
Happy Birthday again. Love ya, tonia

Tiffany said...

So yeah, we basically have the same haircut... except your hair is stacked a bit higher.

BUT I LOVE IT!!

melissa said...

Aly it looks great!
Short and boucey.
hope Finn isn't upset anymore.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

littlebird said...

How kind and good you are. Well done : )