Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is this? A pin cozy??!
Actually it's my studio's coaster. I had just gotten into working with felt, and experimenting with how much stitching to put on it. This is the very first coaster I made. What's funny, is how much I love it. I often come into my studio with a cup of tea and can't set it on the cardboard cutting table and don't want to leave a wet mark anywhere else. It's lovely to have a regular destination for the cup. Wool felt is naturally water proof so I don't need to worry about moisture. Wool felt is wonderful to work with, is all from recycled sweaters (ye haw!), and it turns out to be a GREAT place to temporarily stick my pins as I'm working along. I've heard that the natural lanolin in the wool is good for pins and needles, helping them glide through fabric easier. I like to think that's true.

And the bottom line is this: I love my coffee, love my afternoon tea (two o'clock- time to put the jug on!), having nice accessories, sharing with friends, and the ritual of it all.

4 comments:

marin said...

nice! multi purposing your coaster!!

it's very cute, I can see why you love it!

Anonymous said...

For your first one, that is soo cute!! What a great idea!! :)

Tiffany said...

I love the colors my dearest. :) I think you should sell these in sets on Etsy. I'd buy them.

Unknown said...

ooo! i love the "pin~cozy".
xo