Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Street Faire and New (OLD) Bags

Hi everyone, I'm officially vending in my first crafty street faire at the University of Oregon next week. Very exciting. Yey, Eugene Etsy Team!!! We are going to vend as a group, and be surrounded by import booths and food, so I imagine we'll be doing some educating about the benefits of handmade. Now my little policital mind is going, "Tick Tick Tick...." but imported items are handmade, just by someone else, who lives far away and isn't getting paid American wages. I'll need to do some thinking over this. Who wants to weigh in on this topic? Please feel free to share your 2Cents.

How about some photos?
These are my new market bags made of 100% recycled tshirts. They have one outside and one inside pocket. They will be offered at my Etsy store after the faire.


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh! Now these are fab! I secretly don't want that top one to sell so I can nab it later in your store. :)

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Ha ha ha, I had a flash vision of becoming a Sat Market seller and having a line of people bringing me their favorite old tshirts to be made into bags! I have to confess that old kid tshirts and even cool jammies make good bags! Kid sized, of course.
xo
Aly

mosey handmade said...

now those are super cute!
best wishes at the fair!!!!

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Thanks Mosey, then I'll make some irresistable things for your new shop!
Aly

melissa said...

They look so great!
hope you find more cute tees to add to your sweet colection!

Oh that third model what lovely hands! -tee hee hee