Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Happy and Treasury Riddle

Good Morning! Can you see me waving to you as I walk up to my front door? Its a very good morning. I'm wearing my favorite hat (it's cool and already fallish this morning = good hat weather), and my Moomin tshirt that was sent from Finland by my friend Kajsa. Her etsy shop is completely delightful. Love her work.

My guys just started school yesterday morning. My heart is so happy that they are in the wonderful Family School, both happy, AND in the same classroom this year! We have 1st through 3rd mixed grade classes in our school. It helps kids learn, teach, share, and help one another. My baby is now is first grade!!! Here they are on the first day- deskmates!

In our class of 23 kids, I think almost half the kids are siblings! My guys have been plotting this for years.

Do you understand why I'm so happy about it all? Finn's first grade year was really intense for him at the start, Quillan's first Kindy year (last year) was a huge and difficult transition for him. They go to school 6 hours. That's a long kindy day, but we requested an especially gentle teacher who keeps things very mellow for the little ones afternoons. Still, the first two weeks had lots of tears and uncertainty. That's really rough on mamas. AND in the midst of that was the experience I call my "Double Root Canal Week". When things seem rough, I say, "Yea, but it's not as bad as double root canal week....." And it's always true.

I had one root canal and the pain afterwards was really intense and got worse --- I needed a second root canal in the neighbor tooth, only I was busy having a horrible allergic to vicadin and was too sick to even crawl into the office. I'd managed life just fine without taking any serious pain meds until then. Finally I NEED them and I'm allergic! I had vertigo for 14 days afterwards. It was like I was poisoned.......

So! With school year starting off so sweetly and happily, you can see why I'm light hearted!


Parachute games. We have a parachute big enough to fit our entire small school around the rim! It's a beloved bonding exercise we always do the first day of school.


I'm in this treasury today. REad the title...... is it a riddle? Or did I just miss something? WHAT IS her name then?? Let's all guess, then I'll write and ask her! What's your guess?

7 comments:

skeizix said...

I guess that her name is Cherry May. Can't wait to find out what it really is :)
Carly~

syko kajsa said...

Hi!! You look awesome in that tee! I'm so glad to hear that you have find a good school for your boys! How great that they can sit at the same desk even! I wish we had something like that here! My daughter just started in a really big school, the teachers seem really nice but...

Anonymous said...

Pink May Cherry is my guess!

Anonymous said...

And the boys look so adorable on their first school day! Best of luck in the next school year, I can't believe how fast it's come. But they look like they are ready and having fun. Good job MOM!

Schrack Attack said...

How cute do your boys look? I wish we had something like that here in FL. Also wish we had something close to a real Fall season with colorful leaves...cool breezes and no hurricanes. Love the hat!

Schrack Attack said...

My guess for her name is Cherry June Berry.

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Oh oh oh ! Good guesses. The Berry is really good, cause I can NOT figure out how to work the "color" part into the name. I keep thinking Cherry September- Red, but no.....

Ah school: the first week is so tiring esp with after school swim lessons. Good but tiring! I am sitting for "one relaxing minute" while the bluberry cobbler bakes, one child has finished his "helping hands chores" and is putting his lego ships into the new design configuration I offered, and the other is ASLEEP ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR MAT!!!!!!! I went to check on him, "didja fall in?...." and there he was curled up like a turtle, naked. I am letting him sleep till it's time to go to the class picnic dinner.