Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mother's Day Gift Guide


Thanks to my buddy Mosey , in Belfast (that's Maine not Ireland, as I quickly learned), for telling me one of my cozies is in the Etsy Mother's Day Gift Guide! Nice. I took a screen shot (see earlier post of mine so you, too, can learn how to do this handy screen shot thing) to show ya. Bliss Monkey Studio pink and orange elephant love French Press Cozy, with matching coasters. All made out of recycled sweaters, felted thick. I love my French press, and esp love having my second cup kept warm by a decorative wool cozy.

I've been having fun playing with wool this spring. Recycling sweaters, and dying wool roving for needle felting. Most of my pins and animals have sold except for one owl, who still needs a home. And the new french press cozies are still available. I'm due to make some new animals, and I'll be sure to take some photos to show you how it's done. Needle felting is a fun process. Mosey makes gorgeous, folk birds and clutches, out of upcycled wool- check out her etsy shop.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

go aly the red! gift guides extraordinaire!
many thanks for the kind words and so good seeing your blog!
xo

Tiffany said...

OH! How exciting! I *heart* the pink elefunk, too!

Anonymous said...

Something so fabulous deserves to be lauded as a wonderful gift.

Go You!