Q: How many Oregonians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Five. One to change the bulb and four more to chase off the Californians who have come up to relate to the experience.
* You've ever ordered a half caff/decaf, nonfat mocha grande with sugar-free cranberry whip (or you know what it is). (Yes!)
* The bride and groom registered at REI. (sport supply store)
* You are amazed at an accurate weather forecast.* You know more than 10 words to describe a cup of coffee.
* You throw an aluminum can in the trash and feel guilty. (but then we'd take it to the recycling can, wouldn't we? Why waste time feeling just guilty?) :-)
* You use the words 'sun breaks' and know what it means. (Totally!)
* You never go camping without water-proof matches and ponchos. (Oh yea, I've been flooded out on more than one camping trip!)
* You know more people who own boats than air conditioners. (Yes! And the actual wood finish boats too!)
* You only honk your horn if collision is imminent and never for anything else. (We might be quacker backers but we aren't much for honking).
* You consider swimming an indoor sport. (yes! ha ha ha!)
* You consider something a "hill" (not a mountain) if it doesn't have snow on it or has not recently erupted, regardless of its altitude.
* You can't tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai food.(That simply isn't true! We have all those in Eugene and I am addicted to Thai and Korean)